Thursday, June 28, 2007
Here are thirteen things I could do if I was in Paris:
ç) hqve q hqrd ti,e figuring out the ,essed up French keyboqrd systen
2) meet some French babes in Montmartre
3) hitch-hike to Normandy for the best cream in the whole world
4) hang out on the Rue du Chat Qui Peche
5) play Jungle Kitty in the Jardins de Luxembourg
6) try out the French nip
7) climb up to the gargoyles on Notre Dame (and maybe knock one off!)
8) nap on the fontaine de St Michel
9) eat caviar and fois gras
10) watch the pigeons along the Seine
11) roll around in front of the Louvre for tummy rubs
12) sit in a cafe and look smug (although considering I'm a cat, I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not very good at looking smug. I got more of a country-Zen vibe)
13) snuggle with my momma
Monday, June 25, 2007
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Well, on the bright side, I get to play with all of her cool mousies! She even has bright pink ones.
Have a great Sunday, every-buddy!
Friday, June 22, 2007
Ya see, ridin' in the car makes me sick. First I throw up, and then I start to get the poops. It's not pretty. I even try the Emergency Cat-Whale Call (you know, deep in your throat, "Wooahhh-Wooaahhhh!!!") but the whales never come. Then I release lots of fuzzy fur to create a fog-cover in case I can escape. Then Momma gets real mad at me.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
Well, since we are celebrating Meezers today, I thought I'd tell you about Lola. She was a Meezer my momma had growing up, and Momma loved her a whole lot. She says: "Lola was the loudest, dirtiest, funniest cat I have ever known!"
Now, I have a confession to make: I only met Lola when she was a real old lady, and she well near scared one of my lives away. I was comin' out of a bedroom at Granny and Poppa's house, and there she was: big bat ears, long nose, skinny rat tail, arched back, and she was makin' these scary Ninja noises!!! I didn't even know cats could make Ninja noises, but apparently you Meezers are really good at it. Now that I've had time to reflect on it, I guess it's a pretty cool skill, but it's really scary when you don't know there's a Ninja comin' around the corner!!!
Here's another Lola story: one time, all the Beans were sitting around the dining table at Granny and Poppa's house (not sharing with the kitties because they're selfish, but that's another story), and for some reason the door to the office-latrine was closed and there was a Mini-Bean gate across the stairs to the basement-latrine. Well, anyone of us would have pawed at the office door or politely asked the Beans to open the gate ('cuz Lola was an old lady and couldn't jump over it). But Lola just walked to the gate, walked to the office door, and then shrugged her shoulders and just peed right there in the hallway and then walked away! Now, if any of us had done that, the Beans would have yelled at us, but because it was Lola, they just laughed. She went over the Rainbow Bridge a few years back, but the Beans still talk about her. We don't have any pictures of Lola on the computer, but maybe I'll put one up some other time.
I guess you Meezers really do get special treatment. So Happy Monday!
Sunday, June 17, 2007
but then I BIT it and all tarnation broke loose!!!
It was the worst tasting stuff I've ever encountered. I was runnin' all over, and I started foaming up like I got the rabies. Momma got scared that there might be somethin' poisonous in those glow sticks, so she looked on-line and called the Cornell Animal Hospital hotline just to make sure.
Well, long story short: if you bite a Glow Stick, grab a towel and DON'T PANIC. Glow sticks won't hurt you, but they will make you look like you got the rabies, and they sure don't taste good. Make sure your Beans wipe up your mouth and get the glow juice off your fur.
That was real embarrassing, but luckily Momma was pretty cool and she said she's seen worse things happen when people party too hard.
P.S. If you think you have gotten yourself into somethin' that might got the poison in it, better have a Bean call the ASPCA Poison Control Hotline: 1-888-426-4435.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Thursday, June 14, 2007
So you can get to know me a little better, here are thirteen things I don't like, to go with the thirteen things I do like that I shared last week!
1) When my momma calls me Jimmy NO. My name's Jimmy JOE.
2) The horrible carpet-eating machine in the closet.
3) The terrible yard-eating machines that come around every week.
4) A dirty latrine. Luckily Momma usually keeps the latrine pretty clean. She's good like that.
5) An empty kibble dish. We live in the richest country in the world. There's no reason for that.
6) Ridin' in the car. Makes me sick.
7) When Big Hairy Beans come around buggin' my momma. There was one Big Hairy Bean a while back, an' I would get up and put my arms around my momma when they were on the couch, and I'd try to push him outta our bed, but he was real dumb and didn't get it. Eventually he figured out he wasn't wanted and he stopped comin' around. My momma says I'm real clever and she should have taken my advice from the beginning. She also says I got an "ediple" thingy. I don't know what that is, but if it means I love my momma, I sure do.
8) Hissin'. It hurts my feelin's. I don't hiss at anyone. Well, maybe once or twice, but almost never.
9) When momma says "you don't want to go outside" and I really do and so she lets me and then there's super-cold snow all over the ground outside!!! Then she laughs at me, but I don't think it's funny
10) Going to the v-e-t. Mao's posts about his torture there terrified me.
11) When I have to come inside even though it's nice and pretty.
12) When my momma leaves to go to one of her stupid "conferences" or something like that. I know I should be grateful to Auntie Elaine for taking care of me, but I get real sad.
13) When Coco won't share and I don't get to lick the steak plate.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Friday, June 8, 2007
Thursday, June 7, 2007
I'm always lookin' for new buddies. I live with my sister, Coco, who's a wiener dog, but she asked if she can be an honorary cat, 'cuz she doesn't really like dogs. She just likes cats. I'm happy to be buddies with dogs, though. I have lots of cat buddies -- especially Peach, who moved to California last month, and Izzy, who lives two doors over. I like to go over to Izzy's house to play. I'm buddies with Cheyenne the dog next door, too. I'm lookin' forward to meetin' all of you so we can be buddies too!
Since this is still Thursday, I guess I'll give a Thursday Thirteen. Here are thirteen things I like, so you can get to know me better:
1) Snugglin' on the afghan on my momma on the couch
2) eatin' my Tast-tee t/d kibbles. Momma says they're gold-plated prescription K's. I don't know if it's the gold plate or what, but they are Tast-tee!!
3) wrestlin' with my sister Coco the Wiener Dog
4) climbin' trees
5) knockin' things off tables. especially if they're hard and make a big crash sound and leave lots of hard pieces I can knock around
6) a bowl of cream for breakfast
7) knockin' on Auntie Elaine's door to see if I can come over and play with Izzy
8) huntin' with my buddy Izzy
9) playin' Jungle Kitty (Momma sings a song about it: "Jungle Kitty / woo woo / Jungle Kitty / git it on!!!)
10) takin' a li'l nip (for medicinal reasons)
11) sittin' in the window
12) nappin' on the rocker
13) puttin' my paw on my momma in the mornin' so she won't get out of bed