Friday, December 28, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
On Friday Aunt Betty Jo and Great Aunt Carolyn drove up to celebrate Granny's birthday, and Auntie Jane and the mini-Beans came over, and we had a nice party and everyone commented on how big and impressive I am.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
Friday, December 14, 2007
See how happy I am when I get some fresh 'nip? I think Momma should try it. I bet her butt wouldn't be so big, either, if she used catnip instead of M&M's and wine.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
So look what I figured out:If you sit on the computer, the Beans can't do their shopping or read their e-mails until they help you blog first! This is a very good strategy. I encourage you all to try it out.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
So we had fun last night: I would get up on the bookcase and bat at the balls, and Momma would say "Jimmy No!", and then I'd hit them off and under the bookcase and she'd get up and fetch them. I can even knock the whole tree off and then she gets to put it back up and put the balls back on it, and then we can start all over again! Coco wanted to play, too, but she has little stubby wiener dog legs and can't get the shiny balls out from under the bookcase.Momma's lucky she has me to make sure she gets some exercise, because she was just sitting on the couch, drinking wine and eating peanut M & M's and watching T.V. shows on the computer. Christmas decorations are a good way to play and get some exercise!
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
A SIMPLE BUT VERY IMPORTANT MEME: List your treasures and tag other kitties and their humans also, as many as you like. Let this reflection spread through out the world. We need to count our contentments as Blessings!
~~~What do you look back over and treasure enough to place inside your BOX OF LIFE?~~~
Here are some things I treasure enough to place in my Box of Life:
1) My momma and my sister Coco, and Granny and Poppa and all of my Bean and kitty friends.
2) All of my blog buddies! I have such fun reading about all of your adventures and visiting you, and I love it when you visit my bloggie.
3) My tastee t/d crunchies. I wish Momma would give me more.
4) The grass outside and my catnip plant! Greens are good for you, kids.
5) My mousies: there's zebra mouse, stripey mouse, fancy mouse, red mouse, and knitty mouse.
6) Snuggly mornings in bed with Momma, and snuggly evenings on the couch afghan.
7) Summer days running across the yard, prowling in the tall grass, and finding voles!
8) Fall days getting the wind-crazies and running in the crunchy leaves.
9) Cold winter days making warm bread and pies with Momma.
10) Spring days stalking birdies who sit outside my window.
I think my box is full of great things. Be sure to put together your Box of Life if you haven't already!
Monday, December 3, 2007
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Grade, Momma, grade!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
She got home yesterday after midnight and then got up early yesterday morning and was running in and out all day. I was very upset until she finally came home to eat dinner and we sat on the couch and graded papers. I told her over and over again as soon as she walked in the door how sad and lonely I was while she was gone, so I don’t understand how she could get up and go away again yesterday.
(I had to work JJ)
That still doesn’t explain why you would leave me again, Momma, after having been gone for a squillion days.
Whatever. Miss Anne from upstairs came down every day and gave me my crunchies and cleaned the latrine and sat on the couch and I helped her write her papers, but she would leave again after a couple of hours, and I was so sad because not even Coco was here. So thanks to all of you who stopped by to touch my nose while my Momma was gone! It sure did make me feel better knowin’ that all of you would be sure to make Momma feel really guilty when she came back.
This is some of the stuff that she saw when she was in Arizona:
Funny trees with arms! Momma says they are called “cacti.”
A pretty sunset!
And she fed ostriches by hand!
I asked her why she didn’t bring an ostrich back to roast for me for Thanksgiving, but she said she already had the turkey in the freezer…whoopee!!!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
OK, I don’t think of myself as being particularly random, but here are some things about me that you might not already know:
1) I get my teeths brushed every night. I have yummy poultry-flavor teeths-paste.
2) Momma cuts the claws on my front paws once a month or so. The back paws are off limits, though.
3) I hate the evil carpet-eating machine. It is loud and scary and it goes after my precious furs. I run and hide on the sheet shelf in the closet when Momma drags it out. I figure she can’t change her sheets and vacuum at the same time.
4) I stare at Momma in the morning while she eats her Bean crunchies, because when she’s done she puts coffee cream in there for me. I love having cream after my breakfast crunchies. I don’t understand why Momma wastes good cream in her gross coffee.
5) Coco and I wrestle almost every night. She makes growly noises and lunges at me, but then I WHACK her on the butt, and it’s really funny, hahahaha!
6) I knock on the window screen when I’m ready to come in. I don’t like to be outside for more than a couple of hours at a time, tops, because I get lonely after a while.
7) I like bread. Momma makes breads all the time—muffins, pumpkin bread, corn bread, rolls. I like to lick them. Crackers, too, and English muffins, and…mmm, you get the picture. The best? Bread with butter on it!
OK, I tag Sunny, Olive Oyl, and Rascal, and the Ballicai Chairman Mao, Brainball, and Dorydoo, and Tiger Lily.
So, since it’s Wednesday, I thought I’d show you a good example of my gingery fluffness:
Well, believe it or not, Momma is leaving me for 5 days, so I am going to be seriously massage-deprived. She is going to a place called “Phoenix,” for a so-called “conference.”
I can’t stand it!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Friday, November 9, 2007
I spent all week tryin’ to get her to dress up for Anastasia’s dare, but every day Momma would say “Oh, JJ, I’m so busy today, we’ll have to do it later.” What do you think she was so busy with? These are her excuses: teaching, individual research project meetings with all of her students, the dentist, physical therapy, a film screening, a German conversation group, and general errands. I gotta tell you, though, I’m not sure I’m buying all of her excuses. I mean, she made banana-nut muffins last night, and she left them on the table for me, so I start licking them, and then she yelled at me and said I can’t have them! What is that? She finds the time to make muffins, and then says they’re not even for me?
Well, remember a ways back when I suggested that Momma become a catnip farmer instead of her so-called real job? Here’s Momma in the outfit I helped her put together:
Farmer Momma Joe!
I hope Anastasia is reading and laughing somewhere.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Thursday, November 1, 2007
1) The trees turn ginger, an excellent color.
2) Windy days outside so I get the crazies!
3) Cold, dark rainy days so I can take a nap with Momma.
4) Momma's pumpkin pie. It is pumpkiny, creamy, eggy goodness with crunchie crust...mmm...I love it with Momma leaves it on the table so I can lick it. She always calls me "Jimmy No" when she sees me doing that, though.
5) When Momma changes the clocks so we get to spend an extra hour snoozing in bed.
6) The big Thanksgiving feast. Momma fills the table with so much yummy goodness, and sometimes the Beans who come over sneak me some of it under the table!
7) Pumpkin bread.
8) When the wool blanket comes out.
9) Leaves on the ground, blowing around. They give me the crazies, too.
10) When the stupid mousies try to come inside because it's cold. It's funny to see Coco get all worked up when she thinks she smells one. Every once in a while we find one and give it to Momma as a present.
11) Pumpkins out on the porch. They smell very interesting.
12) Pumpkin pie. It's worth mentioning twice.
13) Looking forward to that turkey...it's better than Christmas!
What do you guys like about fall?
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Since my back feets are so big, sometimes I can't keep them tucked in when I take a nap:
Momma and Granny think this is funny, when my back feets stick out. So then they go and bug me during my afternoon nap. [*sigh*] You know how it is.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
That is not my idea of a party. I much prefer sitting on snugglies and eating jellied eels--thanks, Fat Eric!
Friday, October 26, 2007
Coco likes to get under the blankets to nap. Momma interrupts her, too:
My sister is awesome.
Side note and question: Sometimes Momma comes up to me and scrunches me and says “You’re so cute I can’t stand it!!!” What happens if she really can’t stand it anymore? Will she explode or something? Do any of you guys have this problem? Thanks for your advice.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Coco and I checked them all out.
And then I had crazy fun with the red stripey mouse all afternoon!
I practiced Daisy's Lizard-Disciplining techniques.
Thanks, Gretchen! That package was AWESOME!
Friday, October 19, 2007
Some of you also asked about my momma's Ph.D. She is getting a Ph.D in Theatre Studies, concentrating on history and aesthetic theory. I am not exacting sure what this means, except that not only does she read a lot of philosophy books by dead Germans, she also goes out a lot at night to see plays and movies. As far as I can tell, she's pretty weird by Bean standards, but she's my momma, so I love her.
But she got back at me for stayin' out too late and for gettin' muddy paws. Look--she caught me droolin'!!! I gotta figure out how to work the flashy box so I can get her back...
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
They really caught me there, didn't they? It's true--this is me helpin' Momma grade papers:
Thanks, Maggy and Zoey and Miss Ann at Zoolatry!!!