Hi there every-buddy! This week I think we all need some extra curl-up-on-the-couch-and-snuggle time, so today I thought I'd share with you some good books for that quiet time:
1) The New Yorker Book of Cat Cartoons. Because cats have always been an inspiration for art. And comedy.
2) Wiener Dog Art. By Gary Larson. (this was Coco's suggestion. but it's still a good book)
3) The Cat-Nappers. By P.G. Wodehouse.
4) Julian's Cat: the Imaginary History of a Cat of Destiny. By Mary Little. This book is not in print anymore, but maybe you can find it at your library.
5) The Cat in the Hat Comes Back. (it gets even better the second time!!!)
6) Why Cats Paint. (momma says this is a silly book, but she's not very sophisticated, even though she supposedly is studying aesthetic theory)
7) The Cats' House. By Bob Walker. (we gotta get one of these)
8) Cats Into Everything. Also by Bob Walker. (he must be a great guy)
9) The Lieutenant of Inishmore. By Martin McDonagh. (this is a play, actually. I'm not so sure about this one, but momma thinks it's brilliant, so I'll put it on here for her)
10) The New York Times Chicken Cookbook. (seriously. nothing more needs to be said.)
11) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. (my momma says The Goblet of Fire is the best one, but I think the Prisoner of Azkaban is the best because of the important role played by Crookshanks, the very clever orange cat, ahem ahem.)
12) Captain Kidd's Cat. By Robert Larson. (a cat who was a pirate! one of the best books ever!)
13) Lafcadio, the Lion Who Shot Back. By Shel Silverstein. This my favorite book.
We've been sitting in the sun reading these days. I highly recommend it!