Sunday, June 17, 2007

Party Foul

Well, I bet a lot of you are partying to celebrate Daddy Day today. So here's a good party story for you:
So Momma went to a party last night (I wasn't invited, 'cuz I guess kitties don't go to bat mitzvah's) but she brought back a

GLOW STICK!













so we could have an After-Party. Well, we were having fun playin' with the GLOW STICK








but then I BIT it and all tarnation broke loose!!!

It was the worst tasting stuff I've ever encountered. I was runnin' all over, and I started foaming up like I got the rabies. Momma got scared that there might be somethin' poisonous in those glow sticks, so she looked on-line and called the Cornell Animal Hospital hotline just to make sure.

Well, long story short: if you bite a Glow Stick, grab a towel and DON'T PANIC. Glow sticks won't hurt you, but they will make you look like you got the rabies, and they sure don't taste good. Make sure your Beans wipe up your mouth and get the glow juice off your fur.

That was real embarrassing, but luckily Momma was pretty cool and she said she's seen worse things happen when people party too hard.

P.S. If you think you have gotten yourself into somethin' that might got the poison in it, better have a Bean call the ASPCA Poison Control Hotline: 1-888-426-4435.

Party on!



16 comments:

Daisy said...

That sounds very scary! I am glad you didn't get the rabies. Some of the medicines Pixie takes have a bad taste, and if they get stuck in her mouth without going down, they make her get all foamy at the mouth.

Thanks for sharing the ASPCA Poison Control number. You might end up saving somecat's life!

I am glad you had a little fun playing with the glowstick before it turned on you.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, that must have been very scary! I'm glad that glow sticks aren't poisonous and that you are okay!

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

we're glad that glow thingy didn't hurt you and that you had a jolly time before it broke.

Tara said...

That was very scary! I'm so glad you are OK. That ASPCA poison control number sounds like a life saver!

Tara

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Thanks fur da ASPCA Poyson control it cood same some cats life. We'z glad dat da glowy stick stuff din't hurt yoo. We bet it was pretty funny to see when yoo started fooming at da mouf like yoo was rabid!

Parker said...

I am glad you are OK! Your Mommy has a cool head and did the right thing!
Good for her! I'm glad you had fun for a little while tho!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Great party tips! I"m glad glow sticks aren't poisonous because they look like fun to play with. Thanks for the number too. We're having a party for Daddy's Day but I get to go in my special room with a fan and extra foods and stuff until the sticky little people are gone. A couple of them aren't very gentle with kitties and mommy doesn't like that so she keeps me safe.
Happy daddy's day to you and yours!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Wowy - that's a good tip! (did yer poop glow too?)

Victor Tabbycat said...

Wow, that's reely good to no. Sum beans sell them glowin sticks at the July 4 pick nick afore the t-storm that's not a t-storm. So it's a good time to let efurryone know bout the glow sticks. Purrs!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We haf nefurr seen a glow stick, but if ennyone brings one here, we'll be sure not to put the bitey on it. That sounded skeery.

Peach Man said...

Dude! I missed out! I wish I had a glow stick. You what, I'd BITE IT too. Maybe someone will go get me a glow stick today.

Samantha & Mom said...

Thank you for the information on Glow Sticks. I bet it was pretty intense for a moment or two until you found out it wasn't posionness. That is a great number to have on hand. I'm making Mom write it down right now. But, it sounded like you had lots of fun first.
Your Florida friends,
Samantha & Tigger

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh my goodness - how scary!! i wonder if i can call the cornell hotline when my bloods go down there the next time. - Miles

Just Ducky said...

Glad you are OK, also good to have that phone number for poison control.

Christine and FAZ said...

Wow, scary moment, but so glad you're alright in the end. Good thing your human kept a level head. FAZ

Pumpkin said...

I gess it'z eazy fur a poodin to get carried away when playin and putting the bitey on the toy too hard. I'z glad yu dint get poyzened by the glowy stik. They need to put a warning on it: DO NOT BITE! TASTES BAD! WILL MAKE MOUTH FOAM!