Friday, September 28, 2007
A man in a funny T-shirt picked it up yesterday to take it to the shop, so we won't have our computer for another week now. I might ask Momma to use her computer in her office to check in next week.
Ain't that a bummer?
Monday, September 24, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
We all became pirates.
I brought my momma a mousie yesterday when she was workin' at the picnic table--and I think I managed to kill it this time. I batted it when I set it down for Momma and it didn't move. She said it was just a baby mousie, so it wasn't much of a challenge (see how she discourages everything I do?) but she told me I was very clever nonetheless.
And--we finally got something cool in the mail, along with all of Momma's boring stuff!
Come on, Momma, open it, open it!
Look--it's Adan's postcard! He's got great long white legs and paws like me!
Thanks, Adan and Michico! It's on our refrigerator so I can look at it every day.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules
2. Write some facts about yourself: some random, some weird, some just plain fun.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them)
4. Let those 7 people know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
The challenge is to keep it interesting without making the reader think “Um, too much information…”
I'm a pretty open sort of guy, but I think that these are some things that you might still not know about me:
1) I don't meow too much. I usually just answer Beans with a throaty chirp. It saves energy.
2) I'm, uh, well, not too good at killing things. Sometimes I find a mouse or a vole to play with, and if Coco's around, she rushes right in a kills it. If she's not around, though, I, um, I tend to lose track of them. See, the problem with real mousies and voles is that you can't take a kibble break or stop to lick your foot, because they run away. Catnip mousies are better--you can take a break and they're still there when you come back.
3) I don't really like Big Hairy Beans so much. Don't get me wrong, I won't say no to a chin scratch from anyone, but I gotta get to know a man-Bean before I decide whether I actually like him or not.
4) I only go nite-nite with my momma. Naps with the nice Beans who visit and take care of me are okay, but bedtime is only with Momma.
5) I like to visit the neighbors, especially Auntie Elaine.* I can snack on Izzy's food when I'm over there, too!
6) The tip of my tail is broken. don't remember how it happened, 'cuz it was a real long time ago. It's very sensitive, though.
7) I get on the table and stare at Momma while she eats her Bean-crunchies in the morning so she hurries up and gives me my cream in the bowl. Sometimes she is too slow and I have to start moving in on the bowl. She thinks this is annoying, but it is not nearly as annoying as having a slow Momma.
(*my Aunties Elaine, Kate, and Julie--Peach's momma--aren't really my momma's sisters. But they're aunties 'cuz they take care of my sometimes. Auntie Jane is my only real auntie.)
Who hasn't done this meme yet? I'll tag Pippin and Turtle, the Orange Tabbies; Peach; Faz; and Jasper McKitten-Cat!
Friday, September 14, 2007
It used to be at Auntie Jane's house for the mini-Beans. Do you have any Babybeans at home? If you do, try out their Boppy pillow!
And I found a praying mantis in the yard to play with! They are fun to bat around. They get really excited and wave their arms at you.
And I got some clam juice when Momma was cookin' this week! Have you ever tried clam juice? Ask your Beans for some today!!! Really loudly. Seriously. Don't leave them alone until they get you some. It's that good.
Have a great weekend, everybuddy!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Monday, September 10, 2007
Geez, Momma, can't a guy have some peace and quiet in the closet?
And then she goes, "Jimmy Joe, come out of the closet!!!" And she laughs.
I don't get it.
Sunday, September 9, 2007
These are the rules:
1. Post the rules before you give the facts.
2. List one fact that is somehow relevant to you and your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3. When you are tagged you need to write your post using your middle name and facts about it.
4. At the end of your post, choose one cat to tag for each letter of your middle name. Be sure to let each cat know she/he has been tagged. (It's okay if you don't do this... tag who you want to tag!)
Okay, so as you all know, my middle name is Joe.
J: This stands for Just. I give everybuddy the benefit of the doubt, and I am a patient and reasonable sort of guy. I only put my ears back at Coco or give my momma the cold shoulder when they deserve it. And I don't hold grudges: when Sophie finally stopped hissing at me and was nice, I never reminded her that she was a prissy little brat.
O: I am an Only cat. This makes me sad sometimes, but luckily I have Izzy (and his sister Rowey, who's really fun to bug) right now to talk cat-stuff with, and I visit my kitty cousins sometimes at Granny and Poppa's, and sometimes kitties stop by our yard when they're out huntin'. Momma says I'll get a kitty brother some day when she grows up and gets a real grown-up job, but that right now, her two "free" critters just about put her in the poor house. I hope she grows up soon.
E: Easy-going! I like lounging, eatin' my Tas-tee t/d kibbles, eatin' grass outside, sleepin' with my momma, and getting arm-pit massages and tummy rubs.
Have you done this meme yet? If not, try it out!
Today is Grandparents' Day, so be sure to be extra nice to your grannies and poppas today!
Friday, September 7, 2007
On a nicer note, today I thought I'd share with you a very nice Bean who helps kitties (and woofies) who don't have forever homes and are feral or in shelters. His name is Nathan Winograd, and he used to run the SPCA here in Ithaca, NY. Now, I was never in the Tompkins County SPCA, because the Kitty Fairy dropped me off in a tree in Michigan, next to my Auntie Jane's house (she's the one who calls me Jimmy the Hut, by the way). But my momma takes stuff to the Tompkins County SPCA a lot, and she says that they are real nice there. And that's where my old buddy Peach came from!
Mr. Winograd wrote a whole book about how all shelters can become No-Kill shelters, and he runs a whole organization now to help shelters to stop killin' good kitties and woofies who are just down on their luck. You can read about this great project at this web-site, and Mr. Winograd has a blog, too.
It's great to know that there are good Beans in the world, too! Happy Friday to all of my Formerly Feral Friends out there who finally found their Forever Homes!
Thursday, September 6, 2007
This bad man had kidnapped his momma's poor kitty and threatened to do it again just so he could get green papers from her.
What do you think they should do with him?
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
This is even extra exciting 'cuz my momma hasn't been very encouraging of my endeavors recently, as you know, so now I can say to her--
"Hey, Momma, I'm a Blogging Star! I need some good material, here."
Barb at Skittle's Place created the award. This is what the award is:
This award is for bloggers who shine their light throughout the Blogosphere. Some do it with humor, others with creativity, and others with their kind and thoughtful natures. We all know more than a few of them so why not give them some recognition?
Well, I am very honored to get this award and this what Skittles says to do next:
Proudly display it on your blog along with a link to who gave it to you.
Mention that it originated here at Skittles' Place so I can follow its journey.
Pass it on to any blogger(s) you think should have it.
I think that Parker is Perfectly deserving of the Blogging Star award, because her blog is very creative and she shows a great combination of being both sassy and sensitive.